So ladies its that time of the month and Miss Fluffy was due for a deep conditioning session. My scalp is really dry and itchy which is weird because the rest of my body is oily. I have being experimenting a lot to find the perfect solution to my problem. Dry scalp am sure some of you know is the most annoying feeling ever, i always find myself scratching excessively. Scratching your scalp so hard is like scratching the skin on the rest of the body. Its going to react and sometimes bleed (yes it can get that itchy). The causes of dry scalp is endless but the most common is lack of moisture. You will also be surprised to hear that excessive shampooing,hair sprays,gels,hair dryer, hard water and so on cause the scalp to be dry. I shampooed Miss Fluffy a week before ( I used Oyinhanemade poo bar for the first wash and then followed it with giovanni Tea tree triple treat invigorating shampoo a little goes a long way with this product). I only shampoo my hair twice a month to prevent dryness. So lets begin ladies.
- Giovanni smooth as silk deep moisture conditioner
- Giovanni smooth as silk xtreme protein hair fusion
- Oyinhandmade honey hemp conditioner
- Pure honey
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Mango butter
- A mixing bowl
- Melt the mango butter and pure into mixing bowl.
- Add 5 tablespoons of pure honey and olive oil.
- Add the first three ingredients to the mix.(measure according to how much hair you have).
- Mix the ingredients to a creamy paste
- Section the hair and then dampen it.
- If there is excessive water still dripping from your hair pat it with a towel till all the water comes out.
- Apply the mixture to each section and do not be afraid to saturate your hair with the mix. Also use your fingers to work the product in from the roots to tips of the hair. This will be a good time to detangle as while.
- Wear a shower cap and allow your body heat steam the hair, i would not advice you go under a dryer because i feel a dryer rushes the process and does not allow the conditioner deliver all its goodness.
- Leave in for as long as you please.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Apply a leave in conditioner (I used honey hemp).
- Leave to air dry.
Pros of the ingredients
- Honey: honey is a natural humectant, which means it attracts and holds on to water molecules, making a great treatment for dry, damaged hair.
- Olive oil : acts as a deep conditioner and a dandruff controller.
- Mango butter : is highly emollient, softening and soothing to the scalp. Mango butter has a protective effect against UV radiation.
- Protein hair fusion : contains shea butter, soy protein and macadamia nut oil which helps to detangle, moisturise ,rejuvenate frayed,raspy damaged hair. I personally love this product because it does more than its job, it helps with my curls and the texture of my hair is unexplainable.
- Deep moisture conditioner & honey hemp conditioner: These are my favorite no turning back conditioners. The moisture it gives my hair is intense and i have to say there really do work as a term to help with my dry scalp. There detangle, calm frizz, protects against split ends while smoothing dry and damaged hair. I also use the honey hemp as a leave in. Its a water base conditioner so it will not leave your hair heavy or sticky.